Gosport, United Kingdom
about 4 years ago
Lupos Global is a technical recruitment consultancy that provides candidates with opportunities across the Engineering/Defence and Aerospace & Aviation sectors worldwide. We guarantee staffing solutions through our excellent candidate relationships that have been nurtured by our team of experts whose credibility and expertise have developed over many years of sector specific experience.
Lupos Global has a requirement for an Avionics/Electrical Design Engineer based in Gosport, Hampshire.
Our client provides world-class deep maintenance, repair and overhaul for a range of civil and military helicopters. They are currently looking for an Avionics/Electrical Design Engineer for a permanent position.
Purpose of the role
Working as part of a multi-discipline team of designers, you will be responsible for conducting a range of electrical modification design activities including the preparation of Electrical Load Analyses, design schemes, models and assemblies following design office processes and procedures, as part of delivering cost effective reliable modification services and products for civil and military aircraft.
Key responsibilities and duties:
· Review and understand customer modification requirements to produce avionic/electrical system architectures, scheme designs and installation drawings in support of aircraft modification programmes across a variety of rotary wing platforms;
· Participate in aircraft/platform surveys to generate baseline data for designs;
· Production and checking of drawings in accordance with VAIL Design Organisation procedures;
· Carry out substantiation of the produced designs of aircraft systems and avionics/electrical subsystems and assemblies;
· Provide calculations to qualify your design decisions in support of certification activities;
· Provide advice on parts and materials;
· Support the design and certification team with expert knowledge in the aircraft system, avionics/electrical subject matter solving production problems and participating in test and evaluation activities including the design of safe, appropriate and cost-effective test techniques;
· Generation of test requirements, test plans and test reports in support of certification activities;
· Liaison with production and installation teams to resolve queries encountered during the installation of avionic/electrical systems.
· Depending on experience, you may act as a DAOS/EASA Pt 21J Certification Engineer, generating reports which demonstrate compliance with requirements over a broad range of engineering disciplines and checking and approving the work of other engineers, some of whom may be specialists in the subject matter for review;
· Logical and systematic approach to understanding, recording and analysing data and requirements to determine the most appropriate technical solution;
· Clear and concise technical and programme communication skills;
· At ease with presenting technical solutions to customers in support of project delivery;
· Results and quality orientated;
· Proactive self-learner with the ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload;
· Team player;
· Experienced user of industry standard software such as CATIA, Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, or similar design packages.
· Extensive understanding of aircraft systems, avionics integration, electrical systems, mission systems and design substantiation techniques;
· Proven track record of rotorcraft avionic/electrical modification design experience;
· Knowledge of EASA Part 21 and MAA MRP DAOS requirements;
· Understanding of and experience in meeting aerospace design requirements such as EASA CS-27/CS-29 and UK Defence Standard 00-970 Part 7;
· Knowledge/experience of aerospace manufacturing techniques and processes;
· Thorough understanding of document and drawing control requirements and mechanisms;
· Experienced Microsoft Office Suite user.
Professional Qualifications/Education and Training:
Educated to a minimum of HNC in an aerospace engineering discipline;
Degree in Aeronautical Engineering or closely related discipline;
Possess, or able to gain, UK MoD SC clearance.
Membership of a Professional Engineering body (e.g. IEE) and Chartered Engineer status preferable.
If this position is of interest to you and you feel you meet the criteria, please send your CV directly to email@example.com
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Lupos Global is a recruitment agency