about 2 years ago
Lupos Global is a technical recruitment consultancy that provides candidates with opportunities across the Engineering/Defence and Aerospace & Aviation sectors worldwide. We guarantee staffing solutions through our excellent candidate relationships that have been nurtured by our team of experts whose credibility and expertise have developed over many years of sector specific experience.
Lupos Global has requirements for Sheet Metal Workers with experience on Boeing or Airbus.
Our client is a large MRO and one of the world’s leading providers of technical solutions to airlines and based in Malta.
Forming part of the Support Shop team, the Sheet Metal Worker carries out maintenance tasks on aircraft structural elements and components, according to one’s current authorization level. Tasks will mainly consist of inspections, damage assessments, performing damage repairs, and engaging in component or part replacements and in the embodiment of aircraft modifications.
- Perform inspections, damage assessments and classifications, damage repairs, component / part replacements and embodiment of aircraft modifications according to his / her current authorization level and sign-off privileges by;
- Correctly identifying of structural parts / elements;
- Correctly defining nature and type of damage taking measurements as necessary;
- Determining if damage is within or exceeding allowable / repairable limitations after comparing established data against criteria provided in technical documentation;
- Performing necessary repairs (including fabrication of repair parts as necessary) or preparing a damage assessment report (supporting the Technical Reporting Officer);
- Replacing effected damaged parts;
- Carrying out Repair Instructions as provided by the respective OEM;
- Note: all the above being carried out using the relevant approved Repair Manuals, Drawings/Technical Instructions as provided by the OEM.
- Take up responsibility of an “aircraft zone/section” including leadership of other Permission Level 2 and Level 1 Sheet Metal Workers assigned to work with him in that respective area;
- Ensure an efficient workflow during the respective ground time input by;
- Overseeing that clocking of job cards is done correctly;
- Ordering repair parts and materials in a timely manner
- Distributing resources effectively
- Planning and coordinating as necessary
- Support the respective Bay in accomplishing the ground time input according to milestone plans / work schedules (including closure of job cards in a timely manner);
- Support the assigned Permission Level 2 and Level 1 Sheet Metal Workers in any technical matters that may arise during the respective ground time input;
- Raise, update and complete/close routine and non-routine job cards by;
- Signing off work performed in a timely manner
- Ensuring that assigned Permission Level 2 and Level 1 Sheet Metal Workers sign off their work in a timely manner
- Prepare and report job status during handover at the end of shift;
- Adhere to company procedures, maintaining Safety and Quality standards always, reporting any discrepancies to respective Manager/Team Leader, generating SMS reports as necessary;
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment according to in house 5S principles, including proper usage of tooling;
- Maintain and carry out regular toolbox inventory checks;
- Manage and maintain one’s personal logbook and training records;
- Perform other tasks commensurate with the role.
- Possess adequate work experience in sheet metal or in a similar industry; and/or
- Possess a sheet metal course such as the MCAST Diploma in Aircraft Structures & Repairs or an equivalent technical course.
- Must be immediately available to work in the EU
If this position is of interest to you and you feel you meet the criteria, please send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Lupos Global is a recruitment agency