Rhode Island, United States
2 months ago
Lupos Global is a technical recruitment consultancy that provides candidates with opportunities across the Engineering/Defence and Aerospace & Aviation sectors worldwide. We guarantee staffing solutions through our excellent candidate relationships that have been nurtured by our team of experts whose credibility and expertise have developed over many years of sector specific experience.
Our client has over 30 years of experience in commercial aviation and is one of the most experienced companies in offshore flight operations. They have developed from being an aviation-inspired medium-sized enterprise to a Global market leader and a highly reliable and valued partner for the offshore wind energy industry.
They require a Chief Pilot for their new project with Ørsted in Providence, Rhode Island. They are looking for a motivated, experienced and hands-on Chief Pilot, who will support them building up their operations in the US. They will be conducting the flight operations to the first offshore wind farms in the US. They will conduct Crew Change Flights and Hoist Operations directly to the Wind Turbines. They will be operating 3 x Leonardo AW169 out of Quonset and will fly a Multi Crew Operation.
· Responsibility for the day-to-day supervision and management of pilots
· Exercising operational control over all flight operations conducted on behalf of the Company, as necessary
· Assisting with the pilot training and testing process
· Supporting HR with posting job openings, screening, interviewing, and recruiting new pilots to maintain a roster of properly qualified, current, trained pilots
· Ensuring all pilot positions are properly staffed at all times
· Monitoring pilot work hours, approving leave requests and taking corrective action as necessary
· Coordinating, reviewing and approving travel arrangements and related expenses for the department.
· Preparation of reports, creates, and modifies policies and procedures, and disseminates information to the field
· Maintaining Part 135 & 133 Certificates
· Interaction with the FAA on base inspections, training department documentation approvals, and coordination of check pilot observation rides
· Participation in meetings to include weekly Aviation and Operations Meetings, and monthly Safety Meetings and Supportive Pilot Meetings
· Line Pilot coverage duties to cover illness and vacations as determined by the Director of Aviation Operations
· Over-viewing the revisions of aircraft normal and emergency procedures checklists, training manuals
· Chief Pilot requirements of FAA part 119 and part 135
· 2.000 hours of PIC rotorcraft flight experience preferred
· FAA COM with IFR
· FAA ATP preferred
· AW169 type rating
· 1st / 2nd Class Medical
· Knowledge of all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations
· Strong IFR background
· Offshore and hoist experience
· Previous Aviation management experience preferred
· Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills
· An independent work environment in a growing mid-sized company
· Flat hierarchy
· Opportunity to actively coordinate and manage the development of a new operation
· Personal and business growth opportunity
· Competitive salary and benefits
If this position is of interest to you and you feel you meet the criteria, please send your CV and Licence directly to Tim Smith.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Lupos Global is a recruitment agency