Uxbridge, United Kingdom
over 1 year ago
Lupos Global is a Specialist Aviation Recruitment Consultancy providing candidates with career opportunities across the Aerospace & Aviation and Engineering Sectors worldwide. Working with aviation companies ranging from small disruptive independents through to industry leading brands, we advise clients on how to attract, retain and develop their value enhancing talent.
Lupos Global has a requirement for a Head of OCC based in Heathrow.
Our client is a recently launched rapidly developing new British dedicated cargo airline. Each member of their multi-disciplined team is trained to the highest international standards and is committed to achieving complete freight solutions, operational safety and customer satisfaction.
The Head of OCC is responsible for the daily flight monitoring of the operations. The Head of OCC manages and oversees the integrated role of Operations Centre including Maintenance Control, Flight Dispatch / Operations; Crew Management and the daily contact with Commercial OCC. Head of OCC is responsible to maintain the Emergency Response system up to date. Head of OCC is part of the Operations Management Team.
- Flight monitoring and taking pro-active actions in case of events that have impact on the integrity of the flight schedule (e.g. unscheduled maintenance; ground handling delays; curfew; strikes; diversions etc).
- Overseeing the duties of all operational staff to ensure that the Company’s flight plan is operated safely, legally and efficiently with any disruption rectified as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Maintain a notification matrix to inform all relevant staff and parties in case of operational events.
- The maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records of all flying staff during duty time, rest periods and details of the nature of duties performed;
- Coordinating charter requests within a time horizon of 72 hours prior to actual schedule.
- Establishing within an efficient and robust OCC, focusing on both efficient planning of aircraft and flight crew resources and on the daily execution of the commercial plan.
- Coaching of all OCC staff and ensuring that required training standards are up to date including update of personnel training records.
- Working with the Nominated Person Flight Operations (NPFO) in the planning and control of Flight Crew Resources (flight duties, flight training/checking, simulator/ground school training and other duties such as office and audit)
- Completion of financial budget and reporting in case of deviations.
- Ensuring that OCC is fully staffed, training and organised.
- Weekly reports for On Time Performance to be provided to COO and Operations Management Team.
- Collection and monitoring the validity of returned flight documentation and taking appropriate action; The forwarding of required flight time discretion reports to the CAA in accordance with the requirements.
- Ensuring that the staff within the department are fully conversant with the company flight time limitations scheme.
Experience and qualifications required
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Good customer service skills
- Taking decisions
- Strong efficiency and punctuality
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office and operational systems
- Good organizational skills including project management
- Previous experience in a similar role
If this position is of interest to you and you feel you meet the criteria, please send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Lupos Global is the trading name of Lupos Global Limited, an employment business / agency