Slinfold, United Kingdom
over 2 years ago
Lupos Global is a Specialist Aviation Recruitment Consultancy providing candidates with career opportunities across the Aerospace & Aviation and Engineering Sectors worldwide. Working with aviation companies ranging from small disruptive independents through to industry leading brands, we advise clients on how to attract, retain and develop their value enhancing talent.
Lupos Global is looking to recruit a Manager – Value Engineering.
Our client is a well-established aviation company based in West Sussex. They specialise in aircraft end of life solutions, using our extensive inventory holding to support our airline and MRO customer base with quality used material to reduce maintenance costs whilst maintaining the quality and integrity of the asset. They are currently looking for a Manager – Value Engineering.
Reporting directly to the Technical Director this role is part of the Technical department structure within the Operations division. The role is responsible for leading and managing the Value Engineering team in the scope of cost control techniques in the repair and overhaul of aircraft component, developing customer requirements and partnering with internal stakeholders to achieve business line profitability.
· Initiate and develop departmental strategy to meet operational, growth and turnover requirements of each business line
· Develop internal procedures, policies and systems support tools to bring about a continuous improvement in working practices and key performance criteria in line with industry best practice, brand, and people management principles
· Develop a strong communication plan whilst managing key relationships with all departments and external stakeholders. Develop key stakeholder relationships with customer and service providers
· Ensure all business processes and procedures are detailed in QMAPS as appropriate
· Contribute to the development of annual business plans that increase profitability and shareholder value and be fully responsible for the development and execution of the Value Engineering plan.
· To contribute and manage overall departmental budget.
· Plan and organise short (next 12 months) and medium term (1 to 3 years) Value Engineering strategies with a firm focus on life cycle component repair cost management.
· To develop manpower and capital budgets in line with the needs of the business.
· Establish aggressive but realistic cost, quality and timeliness objectives for the business lines and drive achievement.
· Attract, hire, develop and retain the best possible team ensuring that there is an outstanding group of employees with a common vision, sense of purpose and shared values who will focus on superior levels of quality, productivity and customer satisfaction.
· Drive a high-performance team to ensure all outputs and deliverables are met in line with long term and strategic goals
· Full accountability of decisions within the Value Engineering remit and full accountability of ensuring effective cross-functional and collaborative leadership within the Operations division and business lines.
· Lead and direct the Value Engineering team providing a multi-disciplinary team to support the Operations division
· Continually challenge, develop, coach and support department staff on a wide range of leadership activities, and lead by example.
· Lead, direct, motivate and develop the Value Engineering team to ensure that the agreed standards of performance and contribution are successfully achieved, whilst ensuring all staff receive performance assessments and clear objectives are set.
· Ensure individuals take responsibility for self-development and training, ensuring that all technical, recurrent, professional and commercial training requirements are defined, planned and implemented in order to maintain and build the technical knowledge and skills, and to ensure that business requirements are met.
· Set departmental engagement in line with company and the Operations division objectives.
· Conduct regular one-to-one and team meetings with all direct reports. Regularly communicate corporate and Operations strategy and performance to staff in line with a departmental communication plan.
· Take personal responsibility for issues of poor performance, disciplinary and staff conduct. Ensure that decisions are in line with company HR policy and take account of all possible outcomes associated with decision making.
· Develop communication strategies while managing relationships with all departments and external stakeholders, holding key relationships at an appropriate Level with OEM’s and MRO Service Providers.
· Contribute towards the assessment of supplier’s capabilities with respect to overall business strategy, determination of what activities to engage in with different suppliers, and planning and execution of all interactions with suppliers, in a coordinated fashion across the relationship lifecycle in order to maximize the value realised through those interactions.
· Ensure collaboration with Procurement and MRO Repairs in policing of flat rate pricing agreements, pricing structure, fixed price inclusions /exclusions agreed with Suppliers, trending repair costs and application of Value engineering techniques to formulate repair cost models to predict a fair cost to return an aircraft component to an airworthiness state
· Encourage and champion innovation, strategic thinking in Value engineering department through collaboration with Suppliers in developing repair schemes that will lower repair costs and BER rates and bring value to the company
· Working in collaboration with internal stakeholders (MRO Repairs, PBH teams) and Suppliers to minimise financial exposure by identifying avoidable costs (e.g. costs related to CID) and producing supporting evidence to apportion such costs to the responsible party
· Ensure that all regulatory and legal requirements are maintained (eg - EASA/FAA) and coordinate the actions with key stakeholders
· Ensure provision of key information to Technical Services to support analysis of component reliability reports (NFF/BER/CID/FOF/LTR rates, unscheduled components removals, low MTBUR removals, rogue units’ analysis)
· Ensure DER repair scope review and approval to support MRO activity
· Setting component repair policies based on technical performance, reliability and cost of ownership, with a firm focus of life cycle cost management and decision making.
· Ensure that the IT functionality is always used to full effect to carry out the functions of the department and that the system is fully integrated into the department business processes.
· Very strong analytical skills coupled with keen attention to accuracy and detail
· Employs negotiation skills effectively to maximise organisational profits
· Demonstrates strong team-working behaviours including supporting others through reliability, understanding and sharing of knowledge
· Energy and commitment to working to overcome challenges. Flexible in terms of worldwide travel, including at short notice, in order to meet the needs of the business
· Comfortable communicating and effectively representing the team in discussions with internal or external audiences at all organisational levels
· Recognises key organisational challenges and enhances development of a ‘one company’ perspective through active promotion of co-ordination between internal departments
· Commercial acumen developed through significant relevant experience in a contracted service environment
· Ideally candidates will have relevant business analysis or management qualifications
· Ability to take ownership for business from a strategic perspective and to maintain existing accounts whilst procuring new business
· A collaborative attitude with the other departments is the key to the success
· Flexible, adaptable and capable of dealing with a variety of different people/customers with different beliefs and cultures
· Ability to sustain and develop relationships with a range of external ad-hoc and contracted customers
If this position is of interest to you and you feel you meet the criteria, please send your CV directly to Tim Smith.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Lupos Global is a recruitment agency