over 4 years ago
Lupos Global is a technical recruitment consultancy that provides candidates with opportunities across the Engineering/Defence and Aerospace & Aviation sectors worldwide. We guarantee staffing solutions through our excellent candidate relationships that have been nurtured by our team of experts whose credibility and expertise have developed over many years of sector specific experience.
Lupos Global has a requirement for a Quality Manager. Our client is a large MRO and one of the world’s leading providers of technical solutions to airlines and based in Malta.
This position reports to the Group Head Quality of the Company, whilst working closely with the Group’s Quality department. The Quality is responsible for supporting the Quality and Safety Management System and for ensuring that it continues to comply with regulatory requirements and to meet the needs of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plans and ensures an effective Quality Management System within Aircraft Maintenance in accordance with relevant requirements published by appropriate National Aviation authorities and / or other international standards, e.g. EN 9110, ISO 9001
· Prepares an annual audit plan for aircraft maintenance and supports the coordination of the group audit plan
· Checks the implementation of the quality management system through quality audits according to the audit plan and supports business units in the implementation of a close loop process for quality related findings (audits, occurrences) in developing action plans from findings
· Supports continuous improvement process with the focus on aircraft maintenance aiming for failure costs reduction and process/procedure improvements
· Liaises with customer, authorities, suppliers and all Business Units with the focus on aircraft maintenance on quality matters
· Supports and facilitates the customer’s audit management in close cooperation with the Quality Services Department in Zurich
· Provides advice regarding quality and safety system themes and training within aircraft maintenance to the Malta operation
· Follows operational risk management and supports the results for implementation
· Engages in the interpretation of the aviation and international standards to update audit questionnaire and support the business units
· Monitors the aircraft maintenance quality and safety key elements and engages in the initiating of required corrective and preventive actions
· Statistically analyses and reports findings to show areas of concentrated risks and concerns;
· Tracks the progress of essential quality and safety criteria and ensure on-going communication with aircraft maintenance managers for quality and safety issues in their areas
· Escalates shortfalls and deviations at earliest possible stage
· Challenges and follows up on corrective actions closed (effectiveness and risk reduction)
· Engages in the implementation of SMS and continuous development of a safety culture within all aircraft maintenance sites
· Supports and facilitates quality related training needs analysis within the company
· Engages in quality and safety oversights (e.g. inspectors, certifying staff) within aircraft maintenance sites and departments independent of organizational reporting line
· Engages in the coordination of stamps and supports the Training Manager and Training Coordinators in the issuing of company authorization and permissions
· Engage in any other task commensurate with the role.
The ideal candidate should possess:
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in the aviation maintenance industry
· Extensive knowledge of aviation regulations (EASA Part 145, Part 147, Part 66, Part 21, Part M, 14 CFR 145 and international standards (EN9110, ISO)
· Experience as an auditor in an aircraft/component/engine maintenance organization
· Has knowledge of EN9110 standards
If this position is of interest to you and you feel you meet the criteria, please send your CV directly to email@example.com
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Lupos Global is a recruitment agency