Gosport, United Kingdom
over 3 years ago
Lupos Global is a technical recruitment consultancy that provides candidates with opportunities across the Engineering/Defence and Aerospace & Aviation sectors worldwide. We guarantee staffing solutions through our excellent candidate relationships that have been nurtured by our team of experts whose credibility and expertise have developed over many years of sector specific experience.
Lupos Global has a requirement for a Structural Design Engineer based in Gosport, Hampshire.
Our client provides world-class deep maintenance, repair and overhaul for a range of civil and military helicopters. They are currently looking for a Structural Design Engineer for a permanent position.
Purpose of the role
Working as part of a multidiscipline team, you will be responsible for the production of design solutions, accurate models, assemblies and production drawings following design office processes and procedures as part of delivering cost effective reliable aircraft modifications and upgrades.
Key responsibilities and duties:
· Lead the design of mechanical subsystems and assemblies in support of helicopter modification projects.
· Support Customer meetings to elicit engineering requirements and discuss options for design solutions.
· Use of Autodesk Inventor software to produce accurate models, assemblies and production drawings following design office processes and procedures, including providing mechanical design support to the electrical design team as required.
· Production of clear and comprehensive instructions to produce designed components.
· Work using scanned surface data from legacy aircraft platforms.
· Where required, provide calculations to qualify the design decisions of you and your team in support of certification activities.
· Work with production and supplier teams to ensure designs can be manufactured to meet cost and time constraints.
· Support procurement teams in generating comprehensive component/subsystem specifications and standard Bills of Materials including the selection of commonly used materials and fasteners.
· Depending on experience, you may act as a DAOS/EASA Pt 21J Certification Engineer, generating reports which demonstrate compliance with requirements over a broad range of engineering disciplines and checking and approving the work of other engineers, some of whom may be specialists in the subject matter for review;
· Understanding of and experience in meeting EASA CS-29 and CS-27 and UK Defence Standard 00-970 design requirements.
· Generalist approach to engineering and able to assess a broad range of engineering subjects such as aerodynamics, thermodynamics, strength, weight and balance without the support from Subject Matter Experts.
· Experienced user of AutoCad, Autodesk Inventor, CATIA or similar design package.
· Knowledge/experience of aerospace manufacturing techniques and processes (including composites).
· Thorough understanding of document and drawing control requirements and mechanisms. Experienced MS Office User.
· Working knowledge of the requirements of the MRP 4000 Series of regulatory articles. Understanding of and experience in meeting EASA CS-23/25 requirements.
· Experience of managing delivery projects of medium complexity.
Professional Qualifications/Education and Training:
Recognised aviation apprenticeship and educated to a minimum of ONC in an appropriate engineering discipline.
Possess or able to gain UK MoD SC clearance
Engineering degree in Aeronautical Engineering or closely related discipline.
Higher educational qualification such as a Masters in Aerospace Design and Management
Chartered Engineer status preferable.
If this position is of interest to you and you feel you meet the criteria, please send your CV directly to email@example.com
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Lupos Global is a recruitment agency